The old Roman fishpond “Murenario of St’Irene” is located north of Tropea. This tour takes you to discover the wonders of the Coast of the Gods from Tropea to St.Irene; picturesque and wild spots that can only be reached by boat. A succession of small bays with turquoise water and coves where the vegetation slopes down to the sea; the intense smell of saltiness mingling with the scents of the Mediterranean scrub. Many stops for swimming and snorkeling in spots you could never reach on your own.
Your skipper expert local guide, will give you an immersive experience, in the places, nature and local legends; to make you live an adventure “as a local, like a local” with an unforgettable boat tour in Tropea.
Some of the wonderful experiences that await you:
- The Murenarium: an ancient fishpond built in Roman times and carved inside a large limestone rock that majestically emerges from the clear waters.Over the centuries it has been shaped by the passage of time, strong sea storms and the skillful hands of the ancients who dug pools used for fish farming and semi-submerged canals to facilitate water recirculation. Swimming in this place is an incredible experience; fish of every species and color, starfish, octopus, anemones and an infinity of aquatic plants; a beautiful natural aquarium
- The wild lagoon of Capo Cozzo, a beautiful bay of golden sand with emerald water
- The Bay of the 3 Roosters, named for the characteristic rock formations
- The picturesque golden beach of Michelino with the small faraglioni of Pizzuta
- Tropea’s Isola Bella and the lovers’ cave.Tropea’s ancient houses built overlooking the cliff
- Enjoy a cool aperitif with local delicacies, offered on board
What are you waiting for? Get on board! a beautiful adventure is about to begin. Experience the magic of the Coast of the Gods